Hold Your Own Event
Whether in your family, workplace, community or church, take action, fundraise for St Vincent’s and change lives in Leeds.
Your fundraising makes a real difference. Inspire your community to get involved:
• £10 – A food parcel for a family in crisis to ensure three full meals a day for three days
• £20 –Christmas presents for a child whose family or carers could not afford gifts for them.
• £100 – Give an adult a basic skills education, teaching them to read, write and use a computer.
“When a group of people work together to make an event work, it becomes something they can own and be proud of, growing a sense of community. ” – Cathy, holds a Christmas Fair in her town hall along with other local people.
Whether you go big or small, every penny makes a difference.
Here are some ideas to get you started!
• Cake Sale, bake buns, brownies and other treats to sell. Get together and have a Bake Off!
• Dress Down Day, everyone pays a pound to dress casually at work or school. Mix it up and have a fancy dress theme!
• Coffee Morning, Use your town or church hall and sell hot drinks and cakes, giving people an opportunity to meet up, chat and find out about St Vincent’s.
Whatever you choose, just get in touch and we can provide materials, ideas and a helping hand!
Resources to help you
• Give the gift of hope this Christmas
• Help local people out of poverty in Lent